‘You can’t manage others until you can manage yourself’ ~ Steve Smith
The subject Life skills is devoted to the process of developing close personal and business relationships that work. This subject is committed to personal development and career management. It is a subject about skills that you must fine-tune in order for your life to work better. It helps you to explore abilities, skills, values, concepts, new thoughts, and ways of being and behaviors that are necessary to maximize your personal and professional potentials. Life skills are skills for effective networking.
In this context, soft skills have a crucial role to play. If you know how to deal with people at emotional level (peers, subordinates, superiors, clients, suppliers, etc) through Emotional Intelligence, you can build and sustain effective relationships that will result in mutual gain.
‘Life Skills are abilities that help us to adapt and behave positively so that we can deal effectively with the challenges of everyday life.’
Program Objective :
By the end of life skills programme, students will be to:
- Understand the various components of life skills and their importance in personal and professional life.
- Able to practice & demonstrate the skills learnt during the process.
- Develop effective communicative skills.(spoken and written)
- Become a self-confident person by mastering inter-personal skills, team management skills, and leadership skills.
- Develop all round personality with broad career plans.
The subject Life skills makes you understand the concepts with clarity as the input gives emphasize on practical orientation. Activities given are an added advantage. It also involves fine tuning of communication skills to express attitudes, ideas and thoughts well.
- Business speaking skills
- Business writing skills
- Writing Reports/Resume/Essay
- E- Mail etiquettes
- Grammar for personal and professional use.
- Non Verbal Communication
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Group Dynamics
- Community Interaction
- Testing – Attitude /Personality testing